How to Create a Campaign on Proactive Messaging with Delay Feature
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Getting Started
- Bot Building
- Conversation Design
Code Step Integration Static Step Integration Shopify Integration SETU Integration Exotel Integration CIBIL integration Freshdesk KMS Integration PayU Integration Zendesk Guide Integration Twilio Integration Razorpay Integration LeadSquared Integration USU(Unymira) Integration Helo(VivaConnect) Integration Salesforce KMS Integration Stripe Integration PayPal Integration CleverTap Integration Fynd Integration HubSpot Integration Magento Integration WooCommerce Integration
- Agent Setup
- Analytics & Reporting
- Proactive Messaging
- Commerce Plus
- Troubleshooting Guides
- Release Notes
We understand that as a growing business, you would want to send WhatsApp communications to your users at a time when it is most likely to create maximum impact.
For example, you might want to ask your users for feedback on order 3 hours after it gets delivered to them.
3 hours might just be the right gap for your business - the user gets enough time to see the product, and at the same time, it would still be fresh in his/ her mind to give feedback. This is now possible on Proactive Messaging.
You can set up campaigns that would trigger automatically when the specified time gap has passed after the event occurred for your user.
For example, 3 hours after the event ‘order delivered’; 6 hours after the event ‘abandoned cart’ etc.
How can you set up a campaign with delay after an event?
Suppose you have the following use case:
Whenever a user signs up on your website, you want to send him/her a welcome message 2 hours after they have signed up.
Pre-requisites before you can set up the above campaign:
- Whenever a user signs up on your website, you should be passing an event to Proactive Messaging for that user via APIs.
Process for setting up the campaign
Following are the steps for setting up a campaign:
- Head over to Proactive Messaging's Notifications tab & click on ‘+New Campaign’.
- Set a campaign name.
- In the ‘Choose your audience’ section, select notification type as ‘Ongoing’ since you want this to happen every time a user signs up.
- Click on ‘+Add Filter’.
- Select the event which you are sending for your user (when he/she signs up). If you have sent the event at least once to any user of yours, it would automatically get saved and appear in this Filter List. Here we choose the event named ‘Sign Up Completed’.
- You can select any ‘date/time’ type trait under that event. Here, we choose the trait ‘Created On’ - this is the time of your event.
- Choose the condition ‘exactly’ and select the time-gap unit (day/hour/minute).
- Specify the time after which the notification should be sent:
- If you select 2 days: The notification will be sent exactly 48 hours after the event ‘Sign Up Completed' happens for a user.
- If you select 2 hours: The notification will be sent exactly 120 minutes after the event ‘Sign Up Completed’ happens for a user.
- If you select 2 minutes: The notification will be sent exactly 120 seconds after the event ‘Sign Up Completed’ happens for a user.
- Click on ‘Done’.
- Then select a message template.
- Define when the campaign should start and end.
- Set the campaign live.
- Then send the event to a user and see the notification is sent after the defined delay!
How will this feature help you?
1. To reactivate your users:
After signup - Your user might sign up on your website/app but might have remained inactive for a few days. Schedule messages for such users to bring them back!
If you set the filters as below, this notification would be sent only to those users who signed up 2 days ago and have not placed any orders till then. You can add traits like ‘total_orders_count’ for users via APIs or via CSV upload.
After they abandon their cart - Your users might have abandoned the shopping cart and forgotten about it. Schedule messages for such users to remind them about what they wanted to buy!
2. To take feedback from your user:
A few hours after the order is delivered - Users might be ready to provide feedback in the few hours after receiving your product. Make sure you reach out to your users requesting for feedback within the time window!
Need help in setting up a delayed campaign or do you have a different use-case for setting campaigns with a delay on the triggering event? We would love to hear about it! Chat with us here.